UPDATES OF THE WEBSITE
5560 scanned pages are available on the website !
24 April 2017
- Photo France 11-1986
Backstage on parade (Elle Japan 04-1993)
- Elle selection 33 (Elle Japan 04-1993)
- The perfect body (Elle Japan 04-1993)
- What a super (Elle Japan 04-1993)
- Realna zena (Harper's Czech Republik 04-2017)
- Live this way (Harper's Japan 04-2017)
2 April 2017
- Madame Figaro France 05-1987
- Photographers Companion China 11-2016
- Harper's Bazaar Australia 03-2017
- Harper's Bazaar Czech Republik 03-2017
- Harper's Bazaar Japan 03-2017
- Harper's Bazaar Singapore 03-2017
- Vogue France 04-2017
- Segundos de que rollo (Vogue Spain 09-1990)
- Supermodel (Marie Claire Italy 2009)
- Un style legendaire (Tiffany & Co Catalog 2016)
- Vision (Elle UK 12-1999)
- Cada mujer cuenta (Harper Spain 03-2017)
- Cheese (Vogue France 04-2017)
- Christy conquers all (Harper's Bazaar Australia 03-2017)
- When Christy met Pierpaolo (In Style USA 03-2017)
4 March 2017
- Les Copains +1
- Versace +2
- Seitenblicke Austria 11-2009
- Harper's Bazaar Spain 03-2017
- An urban attitude (Mirabella USA 09-1994)
- Basic training (Elle USA 03-1988)
- Christy by Herb Ritts 1989
- Great escapes (Vogue UK 11-1986)
- Models that matter (Vogue Italy 01-2017)
- Noch immer super diese models (Seitenblicke Austria 26-11-2009)
19 January 2017
- Max Mara +1
- Elle Belgium 11-2016
- Grazia Italy 12-2016
- Evenings...In a New Light (Vogue USA 02-1986)
- Ford - 50 years already (Top Model Japan 01-1996)
- L'amore (Grazia Italy 06-12-2016)
- Profumi forever (Vogue Italy 05-1993)
- Surtout sans soleil (Vogue France 04-1992)
- The girls & Beauty (Vogue Italy 05-1993)
- The top show of Avedon and Versace (Top Model Japan 09-1995)
1st June 2013
Christy Nicole Turlington Burns (born January 2, 1969) is an American supermodel. She first represented Calvin Klein's Eternity campaign in 1989 and again in 2014 and also represents Maybelline.
Turlington was named one of Glamour's Women of the Year in 2013. Turlington gained fame in the late 80s and early 90s as a supermodel and was during the peak of her career a top designer favourite. She, Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista are called the "Trinity" because of the power and fame that all three gained.
In 2010, Turlington founded Every Mother Counts, an organization dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother. Every Mother Counts informs, engages, and mobilizes new audiences to take actions and raise funds that support maternal health programs around the world.
During the 1990s, she appeared in Unzipped, a documentary about fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi, and the fashion mockumentary film PrÃªt-Ã -Porter by director Robert Altman. Additionally, she was featured in Catwalk, a documentary about her life on the fashion runways by director Robert Leacock. She was presented on the November 1999 Millennium cover of American Vogue as one of the "Modern Muses". Turlington graced the cover of countless international fashion magazines across the globe, including Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Elle, Marie Claire, L'Officiel, Tatler, Glamour, Cosmopolitan and Allure.
Turlington has been featured in advertising campaigns for Calvin Klein, Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Prada, Valentino, Versace, Louis Vuitton, Bally, Jason Wu, Max Mara, Escada, Michael Kors, and Maybelline. She also appeared in two music videos. Fellow model Yasmin Le Bon got her husband Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran to feature Turlington in their "Notorious" video in 1986, at the age of 17. In 1990, singer George Michael drew inspiration from Peter Lindbergh's January 1990 British Vogue cover (which features Turlington, Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford, and Tatjana Patitz) for his "Freedom!" video. The video featured all top 5 female models along with their top 5 male counterparts, lip-syncing the song. The video was shown during George Michael's 2008 concert tour while he sang. She was added on as the fourth model investor, after Elle Macpherson, Naomi Campbell and Claudia Schiffer of the now defunct Fashion Cafes.
She has appeared on over 500 magazine covers and has been featured in several professional photobooks, including Peter Lindbergh's 10 Women, the cover of Arthur Elgort's Model Manual, Herb Ritts Man/Woman, and Karl Lagerfeld's Off the Record. In 1993 she posed nude for PETA's anti-fur campaign.
In honor of Turlington's fortieth birthday, W magazine put together a collection of notable images from her career, from runway shots from the late eighties to today.