UPDATES OF THE WEBSITE
2170 scanned pages are available on the website !
24 April 2017
- Bon magique (Elle France 14-03-1988)
- Bon magique (Elle France 28-03-1988)- Eclatant de toutes les couleurs (Elle France 14-03-1988)
- La nueva feminidad (Vogue Spain 03-1992)
- Making of Special Issue (Elle Japan 04-1993)
- Style of the super (Elle Japan 04-1993)
- Backstage on parade (Elle Japan 04-1993)
- Beauty from the inside out (Elle Japan 04-1993)
- Elle selection 33 (Elle Japan 04-1993)
- Interview at Cafe de Flore (Elle Japan 04-1993)
- Karen (Elle Japan 04-1993)
-Juega a las munecas (Marie Claire Spain 01-1997)
- Black is black (Marie Claire Spain 01-1997)
- Elle France 05-12-1994
- Elle France 01-09-1997
- Marie-Claire Spain 01-1997
- Chloe +2
- Genny +1
- Valentino +2
28 March 2017
- Ihr stern ist ein ypsilon (Vogue Germany 08-1988)
- Infra rossi (Elle Italy 11-1990)
- Cosmopolitan Australia 11-1996
- Cosmopolitan UK 07-1997
- Elle Portugal 08-1992
- Elle Sweden 10-1994
- Elle USA-07-1993
- Harper Italy 01-1992
- Super Mapken Bulgaria 1998
- Victoria Secret USA Christmas 1997
- W Mag USA 10-1993
- Added 13 new pics
12 February 2017
- Snow white (Elle UK 12-1992)
Add 6 more pics
15 January 2017
- 24 hours with Karen Mulder (Top Model Japan 11-1995)
- Karen Mulder (Top Model Japan 08-1995)
- Queen Karen (Top Model Japan 01-1996)
- Sunshine for the children (Top Model Japan 06-1996)
- Sweater girls (Harper's Bazaar 03-1994)
- The model dolls (Top Model Japan 06-1996)
1st may 2012
Karen Mulder, born 1st June 1970, is a Dutch model and singer. During the 1990s, she had a successful modeling career and was recognized as a world-class "Supermodel" by various media.
Mulder enjoyed swimming, singing, and sailing as a child; In 1985, her family went on a camping trip in the south of France. She saw an ad for Elite Model Management's "Look of the Year" contest in a newspaper. A friend took some photographs she had of her and sent them to Elite without her knowledge. She won the preliminary contest in Amsterdam, and was sent to the finals of the contest, placing second.
By her second year on the runway, she was modeling for Valentino, Yves Saint Laurent, Lanvin, Christian Lacroix, Versace, and Giorgio Armani. She appeared on the cover of Vogue and before long, landed a contract for Guess in 1991, when she was 21 years old. She soon appeared on the cover of British Vogue and in a Nivea advertising campaign.
In 1992, Mulder signed a contract with Victoria's Secret.
In 1993 she appeared on the cover of Vogue twice (January and March)
Other campaigns she appeared in included Calvin Klein, Claude Montana, Ralph Lauren, Yves Saint-Laurent's Rive Gauche fragrance, as well as Guerlain, ChloÃ©, Revlon, Jacques Fath, Gianfranco FerrÃ©, Gianni Versace, Chanel and HervÃ© LÃ©ger. Mulder has worked with some of the greatest fashion photographers, including Javier Vallhonrat, Peter Lindbergh, Patrick Demarchelier, Bruce Weber, Helmut Newton, Max Vadukul, Gilles Bensimon, Fabrizio Ferri, Steven Meisel, Irving Penn, Robert Erdmann, and Arthur Elgort.
One of the first issues of Top Model magazine was entirely devoted to Mulder along with an entire issue of Italian Vogue. Her two appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 1997 and 1998 and her poses for the Victoria's Secret catalogue increased Mulder's profile. In 1997 she released her own calendar.
Mulder went on to share catwalks with models such as Kate Moss, Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer, and Naomi Campbell. Mulder retired from modeling in 2000.
Afterwards, she tried other career paths. She branched out into acting, making her debut in the French short film A Theft, One Night in 2001. She also pursued a career in music but had limited success.
In 2004, Mulder decided to re-enter the music industry. She worked with Daniel Chenevez of the Niagara group to create the self-titled CD Karen Mulder. She gave birth to a daughter, Anna, on 30 October 2006.
On 1 July 2007 she returned to the catwalk at the Dior Autumn/Winter 2007/2008 Couture Collection in Paris, modelling alongside Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Helena Christensen, Amber Valletta, Shalom Harlow, and Stella Tennant.